I dip died my friends hair the other week! And the finished result was this...
I though'd i'd run you through the steps it took to get here:
What i used:
Colour B4. Hair Colour Remover - £11.99 at Boots
B Blonde Powder Bleach. - £3.56 at Superdrug
1. I started off by putting the hair into two bunches as high as i wanted the dip dye!
2. Then we applied the colour b4 to the hair to strip back the colour thats on it already as at the ends especially there it alot of build up from where the hair has been died alot. (thats if you have died your hair previously)
3. We waiting for that to take and washed it out. It had lightned alot so we was ready to move onto the next step.
4. We then mixed up the bleach and applied that after blowdrying. Make sure when you do this you proper get in the hair and get everybit bleach is hard to apply! And you don't want the hair to be patchy.
5. Wait for that to develop bleach doesn't really have a designated time its more to do with the eye! So when the hair looks blonde wash it off!
6. To get the washed out look you'll need to do this again but higher up so remove the hair band and tye it alittle higher up.
7. Apply the colour b4 again! You should have some left over from before! all over including the big at the bottom! The reason for going over the bottom bit again is to make this a lighter blonde and the top bit a little bit dark so it blends dow and gives you the dip dye effect.
8. Wash that out after its been developed! and then apply the bleach as before all over!
9. Leave to develop again and then wash it all out!
10. And there you have it. You should have you're desired dip dye effect!
PLEASE NOTE: This bad for your hair! So doing this you do at your own risk. There is a chance then ends of your hair can become week and snap off. This is because your hair has been over processed. Use a rich repair conditioner this will restore your hair back to its natural PH. Keep conditioning and use a hair mask over night every week for a while. I would reccomend 'Aussie conditioner miracle moist' Its for hair that's dry/damaged/a bit unhappy. You can pick this up in Superdrug for £5.99. This is ofcourse a little bit more exspensive then the other Aussie conditioner this is because it is a rich reapair and has harsher formulars in it.